TM-2030-A and TM-2030-RV.
Our most recent TriMetrics. They give a high degree of insight into
your battery set. Although it will work with any charger or solar charge
controller, the Bogart Engineering SC-2030 Solar Charger is specifically designed to partner with the newer TriMetric TM-2030. To see what’s involved to install it, download “Brief Overview of Installation Requirements” in the brown column below.
The TM-2030-A and TM-2030-RV
operate the same, and are operationally very similar to the previous
TM-2025. The difference between the “A” and “RV” version is only the
size and label color. The TM-2030-RV includes the enclosure shown. The
TM-2030-A mounts in a double gang electical box not included. At some
point we are expecting to offer only the TM-2030 models. Older ones will
be supported however.
● Measures battery % full, based on amp hour measurements for
accurate information on how much battery energy is left. This method is
more accurate than monitors that use only voltage to determine how full
your batteries are—especially when they are between 30-90% full. Battery
system size: 10-10,000 amp hours.
● Measures battery charging or discharging amps—or watts; To check
that chargers are still charging at proper amounts—also to check to see
how much your loads are drawing—and to discover phantom 24 hour loads
that you may not know about.
● Measures battery volts (9.0 to 75): to verify that chargers are charging to correct voltage for your batteries.
● New with the TM-2030: Audible low battery alarm, based on volts and % full. May be silenced.
● Measures days since charged: Shows how many days have elapsed
since batteries were last fully charged. Batteries can lose ability to
hold charge if this becomes too long.
● Shows days since equalized: A reminder to equalize at appropriate time if you do manual equalizations.
● New with the TM-2030: Displays replaced
percentage of charge, compared to most recent discharge–Many battery
company experts are now recommending that when recharging, 110-120% of
recently withdrawn energy should be replaced for wet cell Lead acid
batteries to prevent loss of capacity—and 104-108% for AGM types. This
new function makes it easy to know if they have been sufficiently